As a network of advocates we strive to promote sexual and reproductive health and rights in development cooperation and global policies both in Europe and at the international level.
To do so, we engage in key debates by:
- Facilitating the development of common positions and messages
- Encouraging members’ mobilization and, whenever possible, coordinating collective action
- Providing expertise to international organizations and governments
- Participating in relevant policy meetings
- Coordinating with other SRHR networks and organizations
Between 2012 and 2015 the focus of our advocacy work was the wider post-2015 development agenda, including the Sustainable Development Goal/Open Working Group process and the ICPD Operational Review.
Between 2009 and 2012, Inspire created opportunities for its members to explore and test new advocacy approaches through three pilot projects: ‘The Embassy Project – Northern CSOs Advocating for SRHR at Embassy Level’, ‘The AHEAD for The World Bank Project’ and ‘SRHR and Development in EU27: the Small Grants Facility’.
If you would like to have more information, please contact the Secretariat.