Countdown 2030 shares a new series of articles on SRHR in Mozambique.
Mozambique - progress on sexual and reproductive health despite overwhelming oddsIn a sea of conservatism, Mozambique stands out as a liberal haven for progressive policies on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). It is a land of forward-thinking politics but suffers from shortcomings in implementation of the same. Mozambique is also one of the countries most affected by the Global Gag Rule (GGR) which endangers the reproductive freedom and the lives of women and girls. Countdown 2030 Europe published a series of articles looking at the effects of the GGR notably on access to family planning, youth-friendly services and reproductive care during emergencies.
Through these links, you can access Countdown 2030Europe family planning series:
- “Mozambique - progress on sexual and reproductive health despite overwhelming odds”
- Life planning in Mozambique
- When policies endanger reproductive freedom and the lives of women and girls
- When disaster hits: sexual and reproductive health during emergencies
- Young people in Mozambique want to lead free and safe love lives
Photo credit: Cosmina Marian/C2030E